When applied to the skin, Magnesium products seek lipids (oils) to assist them in penetrating the skin and doing their job. The element may be absorbed effectively when the right amount of lipids is on the skin. Also, these products may not be absorbed well by persons with dry skin. Thus, those with dry skin should use an Mg-rich cream or lotion. Magnesium cream also includes additional natural substances, such as nutrient-rich natural butter, that are structurally comparable to the lipids in the skin. This facilitates the absorption of magnesium, which aids in the skin’s recovery and rejuvenation.
What Is Magnesium?
It is a common mineral found worldwide and has a lustrous grey colour. Just like calcium and other similar minerals, it is an alkaline earth metal. It’s the eleventh most common element in the human body and essential to the functioning of every cell. You’ll find most of it stashed away in your skeleton. Besides, it has been estimated that magnesium plays a role in approximately 300 metabolic events in the human body. This includes many vital bodily functions, such as:
- Synthesising proteins
- Generating and storing energy inside cells
- The cellular stabilisation
- Production of DNA
- Synaptic transmission in the nervous system
- Bone chemistry
- Cardiac performance
- Muscle and nerve impulse transmission
- Metabolism of Glucose and Insulin
- Cardiovascular stress
Like calcium, Mg may be absorbed in the digestive tract and stored as bone mineral while the kidneys flush out excess. Energy production, including oxidative phosphorylation and glycolysis, need it, and it aids in bone formation and is necessary for making RNA, DNA, and the antioxidant glutathione. Meanwhile, calcium and potassium ions are essential for nerve impulse transmission, muscular contraction, and appropriate heart rhythm. Mg is involved in the active transport of these ions across cell membranes.
The Cream’s Curative Effects
- Mg, in general, and its creams, have long been used for their calming effects. They are helpful in calming nerves and alleviating stress, and moderating anxiety.
- Get enough of the element to keep your muscles healthy and prevent cramps and spasms from lacking the mineral, which may negatively affect their ability to contract and relax.
- It has been shown that using it on painful and aching muscles may help reduce the associated discomfort, inflammation, and stiffness.
- The element may alleviate the painful symptoms of premenstrual syndrome(PMS), such as cramping and spasms, in those prone to them when that time of the month rolls around.
- Lessen the occurrence of migraines; sometimes, even one is too many. Migraine sufferers may find relief by using magnesium cream. But, if your symptoms continue, it is recommended that you see a doctor.
- The element may do wonders for sensitive or troubled skin. Conditions including mild eczema, dermatitis, and even mild to severe acne might find relief from the discomfort of dryness and sensitivity with its aid.
- It treats minor skin injuries such as scratches, scrapes, abrasions, and bruises.
- Whether you’ve suffered from allergies your whole life or they act up sometimes, it’s essential to take steps to keep them under control. As an additional weapon in your arsenal against allergies, magnesium cream may help alleviate annoying symptoms.
- Cosmetically, it has anti-ageing advantages. Because Mg is a strong detoxifier, it provides potent anti-ageing benefits on the skin. Antioxidants and enzyme cofactors are abundant in this cream, which may help to enhance the skin’s outward look. This mixture is nourishing and may help restore the skin’s barrier function.
Procedure for Using the Lotion
Avoid getting it in your eyes or on damaged skin areas while massaging it into your skin. Meanwhile, you may use as much as you want, but a dessert spoonful should be enough to coat your whole body.