The onset of COVID 19 has enforced an unfortunate obligation on the citizens of this world: the use of masks, or surgical masks to be specific. Thus, the demand for surgical masks has soared since 2019 and so has the competition in the market. Wellmien Health Supplies stands among the top surgical mask suppliers who has established their company from scratch and is now thriving due to their continual supply of high-quality products.
Based in Taixing City, Jiangsu, China, Wellmien Health Supplies are your go-to if you are looking for a best surgical mask supplier to buy wholesale surgical masks from. Established in May, 2006 by two people, Wellmien Health Supplies rose from a small manufacturing factory into an ISO 13485, CE, US FDA 510K approved company. Wellmien Taixing factory was authorized by USAID Global Health Supply Chain in 2016. Wellmien’s annual sales were estimated to be above 35 million USD in 2020.
What is a Surgical Mask Made of?
The surgical mask supplier-Wellmien- uses specific raw materials to make the best surgical masks to protect people from the virus, as well as other infections.
Surgical masks are also called 3 Ply medical masks. These are pieces of cloth to cover our noses and mouths to protect us from picking up any virus or bacteria through coughing or sneezing by other people. The surgical mask is made up of three layers of non-woven fabric:
- Outer hydrophobic:repels water, blood, and body fluids.
- Middle melt-blown layer:works as a filter and does not allow germs to enter or exit the mask.
- Inner softabsorbant layer: absorbs water, sweat, and saliva.
Mass Production of Surgical Masks
We know surgical mask is a multi-layered structure made by covering a textile layer with non-woven fabric. Non-woven fabric is preferred over woven fabric because of its better protection against hospital borne infections. It is also cheaper, lightweight, easily recyclable, and has a low manufacturing cost than its counterparts. The easy availability of raw material for non-woven fabric—polyester—also makes it a much-wanted material to manufacture surgical masks with.
Maximum two tests take place during the Product Quality Control Process at the surgical mask supplier factory of Wellmien:
- Pre-production confirmation: this makes sure customer’s requirements and samples have been taken into consideration and no error has been made in the design.
- Product confirmation before shipment or factory inspection:the product is checked in this stage to ensure it is not defective.
After the second test, the masks are either improved, if the test fails, and mass produced again; or they are shipped.
Types of Surgical Masks Supplied by Wellmien
The famous surgical mask supplier, Wellmein, has more than a few types of surgical masks to choose from. As a citizen of this global world, it is important for you to know what kind of a surgical mask you should wear to completely protect yourself from this virus, and what options you have available to make the best choice. Here is a short list to know which mask to buy:
- Level1: It has a Breathing Filtration Efficiency (BFE) greater than 95%, splash resistance of 80mmHg and Particulate Filtration Efficiency (PFE) greater than 95%. With a double-wire nose clip and an earloop, it works well in low-risk situations.
- Level 2:It has a Breathing Filtration Efficiency (BFE) greater than 99%, splash resistance of 120mmHg and Particulate Filtration Efficiency (PFE) greater than 99%. With a double-wire nose clip and an earloop, it works well in high-resistant situations, is breathable, pollen-free, and dust-free.
- Level 3:It has a Breathing Filtration Efficiency (BFE) greater than 99%, splash resistance of 160mmHg and Particulate Filtration Efficiency (PFE) greater than 99%. With a double-wire nose clip and an earloop, it works well in high-resistant situations (slightly better than Level 2 masks when more fluid is involved), is breathable, pollen-free, and dust-free.
- Type I: It has a Breathing Filtration Efficiency (BFE) greater than 98%and Breathing Resistance of less than 3 mmH2O/cm³.
- Type II: It has a Breathing Filtration Efficiency (BFE) greater than 99%, Breathing Resistance of less than 3 mmH2O/cm³, and Particulate Filtration Efficiency (PFE) of98%. %. With a double-wire nose clip and an earloop, it works well for someone who has asthma and needs minimum breathing resistance.
- Antiglare Eye shield Surgical Mask: With a double wire, adjustable nose clip, this surgical mask has a face visor with soft foam that keeps the visor free from fog. It has fluid splash resistance, low breathing resistance, and unique surface water resistance. Its soft lining isnon-irritating to use.
If you are looking for a surgical mask supplier, Wellmien Health Supplies won’t disappoint you and would provide you the best quality surgical masks.