We generally receive emails that are marked as important. you might have also search for the settings to mark Gmail message on high priority. so here are the simple steps you need to follow to change importance marker settings in Gmail.
How to change importance marker settings in Gmail:
Follow these steps one by one:
- Open your Gmail Account.
- Click on Setting icon.
- Select the setting option for dropdown menu.
- Click on inbox tab > Go to Importance markers section > select Don’t use my past actions to predict which messages are important option.
- At the bottom Click on Save Changes.
on this basis you past history wont affect the importance of your mail.
How Gmail decides important emails for you?
Several factors decides your mail will fall in which section. like:
- How often you mail the person.
- What’s your email open rate and which email you reply to.
- What words do you use in your subject line or email.
- Which emails you star, archive, or delete.
Gmail Check which email is important to you by evaluating to whom you send email frequently and which senders’ email you open quickly.