Yoghurt is a superfood and is enjoyed by children and adults alike. Well, it has been consumed for many years and helps improve your health drastically. There are different types of yoghurt available in the market, including Greek-style and low-fat. Additionally, you can order Easiyo yoghurt products in a variety of flavours such as vanilla, strawberry, etc. But do you know how it is made? Milk is fermented to produce yoghurt. Furthermore, probiotics like streptococcus thermophilus and lactobacillus bulgaricus also help in the making. The fermented milk converts the lactose into lactic acid, providing a sour taste and thick texture. You can make smoothies or just add fruits and consume them. Continue reading and find out the different types and the benefits of consuming it.
What are the different types of yoghurts?
There are many varieties available in the market, including non-dairy, regular, and Greek yoghurt. You can choose one of them depending on your preference.
- Non-dairy yoghurt: If you prefer non-dairy products, then it is right for you. These plant-based yoghurts are made from oats, soy, and coconut milk. But when compared to regular and Greek yoghurt, it has low protein.
- Regular yoghurt: Since it is made with cow’s milk, it doesn’t support people with lactose intolerance. Compared to Greek yoghurt, it is low in calories and fat.
- Greek yoghurt: Greek yoghurt is a popular type. It is low in carbs and has more protein than regular yoghurt.
What are the benefits of yoghurt?
Yoghurt has a lot of benefits like improving digestion, reducing blood pressure, and losing weight. To know more about these benefits, you can read on and learn more.
- It improves digestion: It is vital to consume yoghurt every day since it allows the bowel movements to be regular. Well, it also enhances the flora of the body. Due to bacteria in the gut, your digestive system can get affected. But with the help of yoghurt, the harmful bacteria are destroyed, making the digestive system healthy. In case you are lactose intolerant, you will need to avoid it. Whether it is inflammatory bowel disease or constipation, consuming yoghurt improves digestion.
- It protects against osteoporosis: You can find some critical nutrients in yoghurt, such as protein, calcium, vitamin D, potassium, and phosphorous. These essential nutrients help maintain the health of your bones. Additionally, they are crucial in protecting against osteoporosis. In the condition of osteoporosis, the bones become brittle and weak, which is common amongst the elderly. In case you have osteoporosis, you can be at risk of fractures and low bone density. Research suggests that consuming three servings of yoghurt regularly helps maintain bone strength and mass.
- It helps to lose weight: Managing weight can be challenging for many individuals. But by consuming yoghurt, your satiety will increase, allowing you to stay full for a prolonged time. That’s because it consists of a good amount of protein. When you stay full for a longer time, you won’t feel like eating a lot, which helps you lose weight. Additionally, it helps build muscle in the body, which helps burn fat. In this manner, you can ensure that it helps to lose weight and promotes weight management. So, if you don’t consume yoghurt, you can start now and order Easiyo
- It strengthens your immunity: In case you want to improve your immune system, make sure your diet includes probiotics. Consuming yoghurt regularly will undoubtedly reduce the possibility of contracting any illness. Apart from reducing inflammation, research states that it can decrease the severity of a cold. Selenium, zinc, and magnesium found in yoghurt play a considerable role in boosting the immune system. You can also look for vitamin-D fortified ones that can help improve your immunity further.