Surya Namaskar, also known as the Sun Salutation, is a type of yoga consisting of a 12 step routine. They are all a series of linked asanas that are highly beneficial to your health. Surya Namaskar benefits are countless, and you should add them to your schedule without further ado. The various Surya Namaskar benefits might shock you, so here are 11 incredible benefits of practicing it:
- Increases Blood Circulation: The physical and mental stimulation provided by Surya Namaskar increases blood flow in your body. It helps your heart pump blood faster and flush out any impurities.
- Improves Skin Health: Practicing Surya Namaskar every day is an effective way to prevent wrinkles and early aging. It gets your blood flowing, and healthy circulation of blood detoxifies and gets rid of toxins, giving you glowing, healthy skin.
- Improves Hair: Increased blood flow increases blood, nutrient, and oxygen supply to your scalp and nourishes your hair follicles. This stimulates hair growth and gives you thicker, healthier hair.
- Increases Stamina: Surya Namaskar is a continuous flow of 12 asanas that works out your body altogether. This increases oxygen levels in your body and helps you sustain your physical stamina.
- Better Digestive System: Practicing Surya Namaskar every day, especially in the morning on an empty stomach, will alternate stretching and compression of the abdominal organs. This is greatly helpful if you have constipation and indigestion problems. Physical activity, better blood circulation, and higher oxygen levels boost metabolism.
- Fixes Sleep Schedule: Surya Namaskar de-stresses and calms your mind. This is ultimately the big step needed to battle insomnia and other sleeping issues. It helps you fall asleep quicker, better, and wake up feeling fresh.
- Helps Anxiety: Surya Namaskar requires you to exercise mentally. It helps you get in a calm state of mind, and practicing it regularly will make it easier for you to get calm when you’re feeling anxious.
- Weight Loss: It increases blood flow and oxygen levels in the body, boosting your digestive system and metabolism. It is also a good cardio exercise and helps you lose weight effectively by stretching out your muscles.
- Increases Flexibility: Surya Namaskar asanas are meant to be performed in a continuous chain that stretches and strengthens different parts of your body. This gets rid of muscle strains, tension knots, strengthens the spine, improving flexibility.
- Improves Body Posture: All the Surya Namaskar asanas focus on various body centers and help tone them all. This helps you feel and look more confident and reflects that in your body posture.
- Regulates Blood Pressure Levels: Surya Namaskar improves upper body endurance significantly, works out your heart by helping it pump blood faster. It is a cardiovascular exercise that controls cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels, reducing heart diseases.
Surya Namaskar benefits are endless and regular practice will only have positive impacts on your health. If you haven’t already, sign up at Cult Live and learn more about Surya Namaskar from trained professionals. Their packs include detailed video sessions that will teach you how to get all the Surya Namaskar poses right so you can benefit the most from it. You can have a 14-day free trial before investing in it, so check it out!