Taps in kitchens might be the last thing that you may think about when designing this part of your home. But think about it. How many times do you use it throughout the day? Multiple times, isn’t it? Taps add the finishing touch that you desire in a newly renovated kitchen. So when it comes to selecting the proper tap for this area of your home, there’s a lot to think about. Tapware brought from reliable stores online provide you with the benefit of durability as it can easily last for up to 15 years. Moreover, the taps are created by employing the latest technology.
Given below are some essential points to note when installing this item in your kitchen.
Functionality And Compatibility
You might find the various styles and looks of taps tempting. Still, it is a wise idea to let their functionality and compatibility be your first consideration. If you are creating your kitchen for the first time, you can select whatever tap you desire. But if you are renovating an old tap, you will need to pay attention to the one that fits your kitchen dimensions and plumbing.
Ask questions like:
- What’s the number of tap holes that have been cut into the countertop?
- Do you want a tap that is tall and goes above the basin or a wall-mounted one?
- Do you need a tap to the side of the middle of the sink?
Make A Design Choice
The next step is to think about the style and finish you want. Try to match your new tap to the preexisting fittings. Tapware finishes like brushed nickel, chrome, rose gold is highly aesthetically pleasing. Those with arched spouts impart an elegant feel. If you want a contemporary look, then go for short square taps.
Understand Water Pressure
The kind of water system your kitchen has will play a significant role in the choice of your tap.
- Low Pressure Or Gravity Fed Systems – They consist of a cold-water tank in the loft and a warm water cylinder. If you have this kind of system, you should choose a perfectly aligned tap to function with a low-pressure system.
- High-Pressure Vented System – Homes with this system have a combination boiler fitted to the kitchen wall. These boilers are fed with mains pressure and cool water. The water is heated up quickly and pumped into your household. Homes with this kind of system can choose any tap.
- High-Pressure Unvented System– The water in this system is stored in a hot water tank at mains temperature. Immersion heaters heat the water. Most kitchen taps are compatible with this system.
Know About Technology
Gaining knowledge of tap technology is also essential. Pull out kitchen taps feature a flexible hose. You can easily manoeuvre the spray of water according to your requirements.
Water filter taps provide a consistent supply of purified water. They have a filtering system that fits underneath your kitchen bench and can be connected to your existing or a new tap.
WELS Scheme measures the water efficiency of the tap. Taps with a high star rating are thoroughly tested. If you purchase one with a good rating, you’re buying something that will give you both quality and environmentally friendly.
So you see that choosing a functional tap does need a lot of thinking on your part. But as the options increase, you need to become specific about your own needs and accordingly invest in one.